Saturday 16 November 2013

Supporting a Family Math project brought back

I  that I posted this project a few months ago, but now is actually the time to try it with your class.  It is quite a fun project and builds a nice understanding of how much the Christmas season costs for parents.  I am not sure that students truly understand it.  I am actually doing this project myself this year and will be taking the students to the local mall so that they can do some research on prices for things that they want that are not actually in flyers.  The students are very excited about this and we couldn't have a better energy going into a math assignment.  Anyway here is the link back to my original post. 

http://underbutover.blogspot.ca/2013/04/supporting-family-middle-school-math.html

and here is the link to the assignment at my tpt store:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Helping-a-needy-Family-Math-Project-980311

I hope a few people try out the project because it is definitely worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment